Location: Kwai Chung
Roles & responsibilities:
- Assist the Conservation Specialist in planning, supervising and performing archives conservation;
- conduct condition inspection and assess treatment needs of archives;
- provide training to subordinates and volunteers; and
- assist in promoting the importance of preservation and conservation of archives.
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- a recognized degree in Conservation, Book Binding, Art, Chemistry or equivalent;
- at least 4 years of relevant post-qualification experience in archives/paper conservation and/or book binding with a broad range of knowledge and hands-on experience with the techniques, materials and equipment used in paper/archives conservation and/or book binding;
- preferably experience in training subordinates and volunteers;
- ability to plan, organise and coordinate conservation workflows independently; and
- good communication skills and proficiency in Chinese, English and Putonghua.
(Please specify in the resume or application form the relevant qualifications and working experience you have attained in detail.)
Compensation & employment terms:
The successful candidate will be appointed on contract terms with a salary currently at $34,185 per month (Tung Wah Master Pay Scale Point 16). Entry salary depends on years of recognized experience. The salary is subject to downward/upward adjustment or may be frozen as determined by Tung Wah and/or as appropriate with reference to the civil service pay review. The fringe benefits include paid annual leave, medical services, a dental scheme and training sponsorships.
Vaccine Pass requirements:
Job applicant (if appointed) will be required to enter or work in specified/other applicable premises under the Vaccine Pass and fulfill the Vaccine Pass requirements in accordance with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Vaccine Pass) Regulation (Cap. 599L) and as stipulated by the Hospital Authority/Education Bureau/Social Welfare Department/other authorities at any point of time during the course of employment.
Please send your resume or a completed application form <F601> to the Head of Human Resources Division, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk. The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Underpaid mail items will not be accepted by Tung Wah. For proper delivery of your mail items, please ensure your mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before posting. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the Tung Wah’s personal data policy.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER